On February 14 we celebrate Valentine’s Day. It is a day to recognize the great value that our friends have, to appreciate our loved ones and to share the happiness of having the love and support of the people around us. On this day it is common to give away material things that can be very expensive, but it is not necessary to do so since the important thing is to celebrate this day with small details that show love and friendship.
Here we present to you 5 ways to celebrate the day of love and friendship without spending money:
- Invite your friends to play a sport or board game. This is a good day to share fun times between friends, create good memories and laugh out loud.
- Make cards with material that you have at home. You can use cardboard ready to be recycled, colored papers, crayons. Use your creativity and hand out the cards to your friends and loved ones.
- Do something good / useful for someone you love. You can help mom with some housework, help your younger sister understand a school subject, or visit your grandparents so that together you may enjoy pleasant moments.
- Share affection with the needy. Call a church or community center to ask how you can help as they are always looking for people willing to donate their time. Volunteering is a good way to meet new friends or share good times with those you already have.
- Dress in red, pink, magenta or some color that can represent affection. Invite your friends to do the same and take fun pictures with them so you can keep memories of your friendship.
Have lots of fun this day and share acts of kindness with those around you.