Mother’s Day is coming and it is an opportunity to celebrate in a special way that extraordinary person in our life. Here are 5 ideas to brighten mom in her day without emptying your wallet.
- Handmade card. Make a card with recyclable material to please mom and help Mother Earth. Think of sentimental words to write a message of love and gratitude. You can also color a picture for mom. Download a cute coloring card here.
- Homemade food. Prepare as a family a homemade meal with mom’s favorite dish. Make sure you clean the kitchen, table and dishes so that this is a complete gift for mom.
- Crafts. Make a gift with your own hands to express your love to mom. It can be a jeweler, a brooch, a picture frame. You can use material that you have at home and that is recyclable, such as bottles, cardboard, Popsicle sticks. You can find a gift idea that you can do at home here.
- Plant flowers. Drop some flower seeds in the garden of your house or in pots, cover them up, and water them frequently. In a short time you will have a lovely gift that will please mom throughout the year.
- Family video. Spend a little time making a video for mom. Take some video of your siblings, dad, grandparents, and all the people who are part of your family expressing some message of appreciation for mom. They can sing a song, dance or dedicate a poem especially to her. Give it to mom and enjoy this little movie made with love as a family.
Remember to show love and appreciation to mom throughout the year and not just in this celebration.